Saturday, August 21, 2010

Last night the girls, Sonny, Lucy, Professor Williams, and I went out to a club. It was a lot of fun and quite the experience! The relations and roles of males and females in this culture is very different and will take a lot to get used to! The men are very outgoing and the females are very reserved. I think the men are especially outgoing towards us American girls, because if they marry one of us they will be able to go to America. When we were dancing I got separated from my group of friends and suddenly there were four men dancing around me, grabbing my arms playing tug-a-war with me. It was insane! I had to push them all away to rejoin my group. I am still figuring out how to deal with men here, but ignoring them shouldn’t be too difficult most of the time. Overall it was a fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment